Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee (IITR) is presenting an excellent opportunity for undergraduate and postgraduate students to get research exposure through the SPARK fellowships and project-funded internships in 2023.
The internship programme is aimed to encourage brilliant students from all over India and offer them with a stipend and research experience to help them flourish in their academic careers.
The main objectives of the internship programme at IITR are as follows:
- To provide research exposure to motivated undergraduate and postgraduate students of IITR.
- To attract and nurture talented undergraduate students of other institutes.
Some of these students may later choose to apply for postgraduate or doctoral courses at IITR.
To be eligible for the internship program at IITR, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Presently enrolled and have completed at least two semesters of the undergraduate degree (B.Arch./B.E./B.Tech./M.Sc/MA) in a relevant discipline from any institute in India.
- Satisfy the minimum CGPA criteria of 7.5 for IITs/IISc, 8.0 for NITs/IISERs/NISER/IIEST/UM-DAECBS, and 8.5 for students of other institutes.
The internship programme at IITR consists of two types of internships: SPARK fellowships and project-funded internships.
- SPARK Fellowships: These fellowships are institute-funded and provide a weekly stipend of ₹2500/week to the selected interns.
- The term of the fellowship is normally 8- 12 weeks, and the interns will work on research projects under the supervision of IITR faculty members.
- The selected interns will also have access to the institute’s research facilities and resources.
- Project-Funded Internships: These internships are supported by research projects, and the interns will work on specific research projects under the supervision of IITR faculty members.
- The compensation and duration of these internships will vary based on the project.
To apply for the internship program at IITR, the applicant must follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- Fill out the online application form available on the IITR website.
- Send the relevant documentation, including academic transcripts, a statement of intent, and letters of recommendation.
- The candidate must guarantee that all the paperwork are provided by the deadline, which is 31st March 2023.
- The result announcement will be released in the second week of April 2023.
- The programme will start in the second week of May 2023.
The internship programme at IITR is a wonderful chance for undergraduate and postgraduate students to get research exposure and develop their academic careers.
The programme seeks to attract brilliant students from all around India and give them with the necessary resources and experience to flourish in their chosen career.
If you satisfy the eligibility conditions, do not lose out on this opportunity to apply for the IITR internship programme in 2023.