You may be shy because of two possible reasons. It may be due to your low self-confidence or may be you were born that way and prefer your own company. Believe me, there is nothing wrong in being shy. It’s just that the world demands one to be more expressive. Here are some ways to help you overcome your shyness and reveal your true potential on the stage of life.
1. Discover Yourself: You need to find that one thing which you are best at. Probe into your own self and look for that one thing which will help you boost up your confidence and give more power to your words and actions.
2. Participate: Always participate in activities going around you. Be it dancing in a club, singing your heart out in a karaoke or putting forward your views on some buring topic. It always leaves you more confident than before as you start considering yourself, a part of something.
3. Learn to Talk: Its good to be a listener but one also needs to learn to talk. Engage yourself in activities like debating, giving oral presentations and speech competitions that make you move out of your comfort zone every now and then and fuel up your confidence.
4. Never Hesitate to Try Something New: Stop being conscious the next time a new task drops on your way. Be bold enough to accept the challenge and trust me you will emerge like a hero. It will give you a story to share, making your life full of excitement and thrill.
5. Stop being bothered by What People Think: Do not evaluate your capabilities by what others think. Do not give them the power to judge you. If that’s what makes you happy, then do it. You dont need others to approve your actions.
6. Laugh at your own mistakes: A good sense of humour is taking over this planet. Try to be the joker of your group. Crack jokes, make people laugh and never fear to be your true self.